Apartment sa Dapitan

Monday, September 05, 2005

Round Like An Old Table

We had an old round dining table. We've given it away.

But that is not my point. I am round like that old table.

I am drinking another glass of Pepsi Twist. After promising to continue losing weight, I find myself at the advent of deciding to lose weight. Yes. I am getting bigger, fatter. Even that mammoth man of a poet, Mike Coroza, told me last week, "Bumilog ka na, a!"

Looking at my old pictures, I envy how those old shirts and pants of mine fit me perfectly. Now, wearing a medium-size shirt is synonymous to wearing a "callboy" shirt. Unlike before that I have to literally let my eyes itch by looking for super-small sized ukay-ukay shirts. When I went home early morning yesterday, my mommy, Puring, immediately told me that "Naku! Ngayon lang kita nakita nang ganyan kataba. Mas lalo ka pang tumaba!" The past week was really a reminder of the cosmos for me to stop eating more and more each day.

On a happier note, I got this research grant. Thank you.

On a weird note, I made a song (to the tune of "Sumulong Ka, Anakpawis) for Isabel, one of our domestic cats. We named Isabel after the twin sister of Theo in the French film The Dreamers. Here it goes:

May isang magandang pussycata,
Pangalan niya'y Isabelita.
Nakikipaglampungan siya
Kay Kokoro na kaniyang kuya;
Ang kaniyang tiyan, magiging papaya.

Pinagalitan siya ng kaniyang mama,
Si Cheky na matandang pusa.
Nilatigo siya ng buntot bilang parusa.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home