Apartment sa Dapitan

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Piercing

My morning started with breakfast -- pancit canton which my mother bought from a carinderia along P. Margal St. It was sweet -- my mom and the pancit canton.

Yesterday, I was with tens of thousands of people. We met outside the Sto. Domingo Church and marched for Liwasang Bonifacio, but we were met by police clad with batutas and shields and grim faces at Welcome, Rotonda. We knew then that the National Day of Protest for Arroyo's Removal would have to be conducted in front of Burger King Welcome, Rotonda.

The last time I felt like how I felt yesterday was February 14, 2000 when thousands of UP students along with other members of the education and sectoral communities marched for Mendiola to ask for a higher budget for education and for basic social services. It was a deluge of people, covering Quezon Bridge.

Yesterday was like that. Only that alta presyon kicked me in the head and I had to go home (I live very near Welcome Rotonda). The June heat was piercing; it penetrated my semi-bald head. When I got home around 5pm, it started to rain.

Last Sunday was Father's Day. After performing at the Aroceros Forest Park (Rizal and the Environment), I went to SM Manila to meet my family. We ate in a chinese restaurant, accompanied my brother Mark to buy polo barongs, among others. My youngest brother Jay-ar took me to Silveworks and I had my left ear re-pierced. I was in my fourth year in high school when I had my left ear first pierced.

In a bit, I'll be going to Quiapo to raid pirated DVDs, needless to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home