Apartment sa Dapitan

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Ka-Booze

After weeks and months of what I tout as "blind" friendships (because I literally haven't seen them, or better yet, I haven't made myself available for mutual oggling ang updating), I was able to meet my friends yesterday/yesterafternoon/yesternight. I treated Piya, Daryl, Adam, Myles, Mikael and Caloi to two 14-inch pizzas at Lotsa Pizza in Maginhawa St. After that, Mikael and Caloi went back to UP to attend to several organizational matter. The rest of the gang decided to go to Javi's in Sikatuna Village.

It was a spur of the moment thing, deciding to grab and take a few swigs of beer. 4am. How unruly! Hehehe. Anyway, much to our disappointment, Javi's was still closed when we got there so we settled for Molo's where a bunch of proverbs by anonymous persons were displayed. One apothegm I couldn't rid my head of is "There comes in the life of every man when he becomes a fool because of a woman." Or something to that effect, which of course, the apothegm, however proverbial it may seem, could always be explained and interpreted in various ways.

Anyhow, I had quite a feat of anxiety attacks lately. And for some reason, I gave in to breaking my eight-month old record of non-alcoholic-beverage drinking last night. Though unlike my drinking buddies, I opted to drink San Mig Light while they gulped in the calories of Red Horse 500. It was also last night that I kinda verbalized my anxiety attacks. I don't usually talk about them these days. And I wouldn't say that the occasion befits it that's why the emotional deluge set forth, but because I decided to make the release. No more, no less.

I'm just relieved that my mom, Karen (my sister-in-law) and Mark (my brother) are taking good care of Amery (Mark and Karen's seven-month old daughter). There's nothing more relieving than being told that "ok naman, wag mag-alala." That's a hand or two stopping the trembling of my hands. :)

There were stories last night that are best not eviscerated here. I find solace in the fact these stories will not rot or calcify because they have all been etched, in more ways than one, in our collective psyche. Piya, who I pray, will go back to her old happy solace of silence. And Daryl who'll realize that she's more than just a film buff. And to me, and others like me, who are ready to court the creative and challenging life of agents of call centers.

Later last night, after Molo's, Adam and Myles went home. On the other hand, Daryl, Piya and I waited for Mikael and Prech at Order, Order Pares House beside Mang Bok's beside Javi's, almost across Molo's. After they arrived, Mikael talked about someone he has the hots for. And how I envy him for having the guts to spill it all out on the person. I am definitely happy for Mikael. Prech was also quite happy, fidgety and sweetly, cutely in-love with this guy. Kudos kids!

Earlier, Daryl texted me that she will pray, which admittedly for her and for me, is very unusual and un-Daryl; to which I replied, "same here" which is very un-Mykel. However a reader of this takes what Daryl and I have just uttered, feel free to commune with us.

Here's to letting go of my anxiety attacks and hoping for a better and more fulfilling life. However cliche it sounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home